Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Disappointment

So this post is going to be pretty short since last week nothing very exciting happened, except for Halloween. But that wasn't the greatest experience ever. In China, Halloween isn't celebrated very much, due to the fact that it’s a foreign holiday, and even when it is celebrated, it’s westerners who do most of the celebrating.
I thought maybe it would be fun to go to a Halloween party with a few of my fellow exchange student friends, but it was really bad.

The party itself was in a castle in Tianjin called Dynasty ChateĆ¢u, which was meant to be a recreation of the castle of Versailles, and part of the Louvre. It was very lack luster compared to the real thing. But that’s not the bad thing. No, the bad thing was that the people in charge of organizing this Halloween party sold more tickets than they meant to, leading to the place being over crowded, and police being called in to break up the crowds. My friends and I were forced to stand outside for over three hours in freezing temperatures with thousands of other people while being pushed around and nearly getting trampled because it was so crowded. Also, none of the buses which brought us there would leave until 5am, so we didn't get back to Beijing until 7am.

Needless to say, it was a bad experience, and I know never to go to anything like it again.

Here's a few pictures though:




My friend Alexa


My friends Alexa and Diana


I'm afraid most of my pictures were too blurry to make anything out, so here's a link to a picture I found online of it (so you get an idea of what this place was like):




Other than that, I’ve been doing homework and trying to prepare for tests, and getting much needed sleep. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment